The Role of the Participant
You will identify something you are passionate about and create a vision and action plan to help share that idea with friends, campus, the community, and the world. You will learn how to lead with integrity through a variety of fun and educational experiences. You will leave with the tools to effectively implement this vision and lead differently.
As a participant, you will:
Become more self-aware of your leadership potential
Incorporate ethics and personal values in decision making processes
Recognize and build on the power of teamwork
Create and implement a long-term vision for positive change.
Analyze group dynamics in order to maximize individual talents
Identify important personal values in connection with personal purpose
Gain a greater awareness of their own leadership and communication style
Create and map a vision plan
Want proof? Watch this!
Here’s what you need to know before the LeaderShape® Institute:
1. The program runs from approximately 8:00 am in the morning until 12:00 a.m. each day. Don’t plan on lots of free time. Participants are expected to stay at the conference site at all times.
2. The week is alcohol free—that means no drinking at anytime for students or faculty. The week is simply too important to allow drinking to be an issue.
3. Dress is casual except for business casual for a guest leader event on day 3. On the second day, you’ll participate in an outdoor challenge course, so be sure and bring one set of “grubby” clothes (including long pants, socks, and athletic or closed-toe shoes) for that activity.
4. Transportation to and from the conference site will be by bus from the UM campus. All students will be expected to depart from the UM campus by bus.
5. All of your meals, lodging, and materials are taken care of so there’s no need to bring extra money.
Dates and Location
University of Michigan LeaderShape® participants have an opportunity to attend one of two sessions:
March 3 - 8; or
May 5 - 10
The sessions will be held at an off-campus conference center. Participants and facilitators are expected to stay throughout the six days; food and lodging are provided. Transportation is also provided to and from the conference center at the start and end of the program.
Apply to be a Participant
Registered students of UM – Ann Arbor may apply to participate. The application period will open in Fall, 2013.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the application deadline. To apply, follow the link below to the LeaderShape, Inc. national website below; you will be asked to create a profile, if you do not already have one. After creating a profile, you’ll be able to apply – you can choose to apply to a specific session, or to both. The application deadline is December 13, 2013.
Apply for Michigan LeaderShape!
Questions? Contact us at LeaderShape@umich.edu